Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader Hyperion for imaging?

peroni

Hey all

I'm in the market for my first eyepiece to go with my 28mm LET supplied with the ED80. (I'm very pleased with the eye piece but magnification is low)

I mainly image but am trying to keep in mind some visual use as well and was attracted to this eyepiece as a possible contender for both.

So far I've only imaged at prime focus and whilst I'd like to get some better visual obs of Jupiter and everything else, I wondered if I could kill two birds with the Baader Hyperion

I'd be looking at the 5mm eyepiece which will give me 120x mag on my 600mm focal length. Possibly up to 180x with a couple of rings which I believe is the absolute max for this scope.

I like the flexibility of these eyepieces, where you can have rings added to change the magnification, or filters (not sure which).

Like I say this is my first eyepiece purchase. I basically want to increase the magnification beyond my 21x supplied eyepiece and use the new eyepiece to take some photos if possible.

Is this eyepiece usable with the relevant adapter to attach my DSLR and get some shots?

Do any of you use these eyepieces for astrophotography? If so, can you post some shots?

Perhaps I should post in eyepieces forum as well. Thought I'd try here first.

I'm eagerly awaiting a reply or two on this topic. I'm in the same boat as you except I purchased a 7mm Celestron to add to the supplied 28mm. The 7mm is brilliant for viewing but would consider getting a Baader if you can image well through it.

I use a Baader Hyperion 10mm eyepiece on a CPC1100. I bought an adapter so I can now connect it directly to my Canon 550D. Although this works, unlike yourself, the magnification is too big, for example Jupiter fills the viewfinder. As far as I understand, the max size for this family of lenses is 24mm, and I am not sure this would reduce the magnification sufficiently. When I can afford it I will try this, although just now I am reluctant because i already have a superb 23mm eyepiece.

Chris

Archived