Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron 31035 Astromaster 76EQ Reflector Telescope

I wouldn't go near it :embarrassed: Shame as the Tal M, is a nice quirky, very solid scope. Small aperture though(80mm).

That scope type has had numerous design changes over the years, so there's no way of knowing what you're getting, what with the pics showing someone elses scope !!!

A good condition 2nd hand Tal 1(110mm) would be a better buy, but preferably a later model. Super thermo-nuclear blast proof build. Take care though, as there have been even more changes over the years to that model too !! But you'd need to wait around quite a while til one popped up for sale, near you. Not many, if any sellers will post them.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

i was bought the 76eq as a Xmas present completely out of the blue. It's my first ever scope and already I'm starting to look to upgrade it so I hope you get a bit longer out of the 114eq!

I've just taken a look at the pic on the Celestron site and it seems they both come with the same tripod and star pointer. I must admit that I found the finder absolutely useless and have recently invested in a Rigel Quickfinder which has made such a difference to simply enjoying the viewing sessions rather than speeding most of the time trying to find objects to look at. Maybe you might not find it as bad but it made a huge difference to the use ability of the scope for not a very big outlay.

Good luck!

Archived