Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First image using auto focuser

brucen

I have always struggled to use the 3x TAL with my webcam as focusing is so difficult. I finally fitted an auto focuser which makes life so much easier as there is only the slightest movement of the image as it works it's magic. I have probably over processed this one a bit but it is so much better than I was getting before and was only a 1000 frame clip as I was just practising

post-12452-0-97935800-1359383266_thumb.j

Looks like the focused is working very well! Nice result, what scope and camera were used?

Josh

It was taken on the 130P using the spc900 with a TAL 3x Barlow. As I said earlier it was only 1000 frames and then stacked and processed using Registax 6. Next clear night I hope to do some with 2000 and 3000 frames to see what detail it picks up.

Good to know the kit this was done with. I'm after some planetary, and I've been pretty pessimistic until seeing this. I think you nprobably have a longer focal length than me but still, at least this shows what's possible. Thanks!

Good luck!

• 9 months later...

I don't have a galley as I have not taken many pics this year for various reasons. I hope to be out again soon though so may start one once I get back in the swing!

BTW I meant sorry i'm late in msg-ing not tht your progress was late - i just read it back and couldv'e worded it better OO!  but glad to see your still at it. I got hold of a mono chip planetary cam and hope to try rgb imaging soon, gotta iron out some kinks but looking forward to learning something.

The motor focuser sounds like a great idea as its hard to focus when you keep nudging the scope to do so. At long f/lengths the vibes really mess up the image.

Winter is a good season for stargazing and hopefully the ison comet will give us all something to point our scopes at.

All the best with the imaging etc. to all on this thread (and rest of SGL). :)

Regards

Aenima 

Archived