Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Apologies for the cloud tonight: I just bought my first telescope.

Crebles

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the warm and welcoming replies. Really nice.

Well, I must've been good - weather has held all night and I've spent it in the back garden blowing myself away. Jupiter with 4 moons and coloured bands. Rigel, Betelgeuse and Aldebaran - all different colours. Craters on the Moon (note to self: must get either a moon filter, or a guide dog) and then I worked out the Auriga constellation and found (half design, half by chance) M36. A proper Messier Object. Even more so than the boys' bedroom.

I haven't spoken to her much but my guess is that my wife spent the night wondering why she married me, as I ran around in and out of the house, eyes averted, switching of lights to keep my 'night vision', wrapped in two coats, a woolly hat under a hoody with a torch with a red quality street wrapper sellotaped over the end... form an orderly queue ladies. I think she might be wishing my mid-life crisis involved a sports car now...

I've a bunch of questions for the forum that i'll consider posting up and asking, but for now - wow what a night. I'm hooked. And thanks again for all the nice welcomes.

Regards, Crebles.

.....I haven't spoken to her much but my guess is that my wife spent the night wondering why she married me, as I ran around in and out of the house, eyes averted, switching of lights to keep my 'night vision', wrapped in two coats, a woolly hat under a hoody with a torch with a red quality street wrapper sellotaped over the end...

You are now officially an amateur astronomer :p

Archived