NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Having fun with Winjupos maps (Jupiter Dec 5th)

Space Cowboy

Suffering processing withdrawls due to the insuferable cloud so decided to have a play with Winjupos mapping using Jupiter images from Dec 5th. I've done 2 different sets, one using a single image and the other 2 images taken 1 hour apart.

Its proving tough to match up the 2 images with the limbs being dark I've had to raise the LD value and manually place the measurement frame so as not to produce a black gap inbetween the 2 images.

I do like the effect produced by the North and South pole views, really gives a global effect and would look great with captures taken over several hours.

gallery_4016_230_25916.jpggallery_4016_230_68019.jpggallery_4016_230_17870.jpggallery_4016_230_1194.jpg

Very nice Stuart.

If you are using multiple images before you click compile to create the final map adjust the 'From L' and 'To L' to crop off unwanted dark edges. For example your first cylindrical projection map you could crop the first image to say 255 degrees (From L.... it crops the left side) to 155 degrees (To L.... it crops the right side) if you had another image taken after it you would start at 155 degrees (From L this time) where your first image is cropped to, if you know what I mean. :smiley:

Archived