Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 SynTrek

sammy1075

Would i be right in assuming that the syntrek mount can become a full GOTO mount if connected to your laptop with the HitecAstro EQDIR adapter?

What software would you need and would you have the same functions as you get with the SynScan controller?

Reason i ask is that ive seen a new second hand HEQ5 SynTrek with HitecAstro EQDIR adapter!

how much is the SynScan controller I cant seem to find a price for it on the internet, also would it all be irrelevant if using a guide cam and PHD?

Cheers Sam (Im still learning and reading)

Yup! EQMOD will run your scope (you also need ASCOM etc but this is all explained on the EQMOD website). Also look at Chris Shillitto's You Tube channel - the tutorials are exellent. EQMOD will give you far, far more functionality than the handset. If you can get a simple handset then sometimes this is all you need eg for Lunar or Solar viewing/photography. If you have a permanent set-up then you might as well use EQMOD all the time. EQMOD will also permit guiding (with freeware like PHD) if you ever wish to go that route.

Archived