Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

celestron 127SLT set up

Hi guys,

I have just spent alot of money on my new set up, Celestron 127SLT GOTO mount, a set of Meade eye pieces, a Celestron Barlow lens, a set of vibration pads for the mount, and the Nexiamge SolarSystem webcam viewer, and im also thinking about an auto focuser does anybody know of one for this scope?

hopefuly the camera will arrive in the next few days so will post some pictures

Many Thanks

I've got the same scope, not tried any kind of auto focuser but have made some adaptations. On these forums somewhere you'll find a thread describing how to make a bigger focusing knob out of a large plastic nut. This is a simple push fit onto the existing knob and doesn't mark or make any permanent changes to the scope at all, well worth doing as the existing knob is small and fiddly when trying to fine focus.

I've also tried the diy servo remote focuser but found the arrangement to be unreliable, again you'll find details on the forum on how to combine two servos to make it. I found that I tended to get voltage when I didn't want it and none when I did but it's was a fun experiment.

A good 12v power source is important, don't rely on AA batteries and definitely get a dew shield, which can be a simple roll of foam camping mat to stop moisture falling on the upturned glass.

Hey,

I own the 127 SLT myself and while I cannot offer any advice on the autofocusser situation I would be interested to find out how the Neximage fares. I may get one for my two scopes if the reviews are favourable. Is it the 5mp one????

Good advice from Steep regarding the powertank and dewsheild.

And there was you thinking you were fully sorted now. Think again. Once you start on the slippery slope that is astronomy you won't be able to help yourself. Extras here, extras there. We've all been there. It is brilliant fun though......

Hi all, I've been looking for a dew shield all day but alas everyone has sold out i think there is a shipment due next week so that will be my next purchase a for the camera I sadly had to sent it back today because there was some dead pixels so they are sending me a new one on Tuesday sink will update with pictures

Search the forums for auto focuser for mak 127 there many mods you can use mainly by using an auto focuser for a Skywatcher reflector & adding some bits & bobs.

Like this one

I tried this & it worked a wonder, I added some rubber washers under the o-ring & it grips beautifully.

Archived