Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick grab of lunar, Tuesday January 22 2013

Brinders

Just as I got my scope set up ... the clouds rolled in.

Anyway, camera was attached to the scope, and the cloud around the moon was thin, so I grabbed three quick shots. Two of the southern hemisphere and one of the north. The best of the south stitched with the only one I got of the north in Microsoft ICE, then post processed in Paintshop Pro X and saved as a JPEG.

Pentax K20D (raw) at prime focus on a Celestron CPC 925 GPS. 1/10 at f10, ISO 200.

Thanks for looking,

Brinders

post-994-0-09392000-1358888184_thumb.jpg

C

I remember seeing that once, a long time ago.

Clouds for weeks here.

Nice image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Clouds here too for much of the time. I'd set my scope up at dusk when we had a clear sky. By the time I went out again after tea, the clouds had started rolling in. So much so that the northern hemisphere was captured looking through thin cloud. Bearing this in mind, the image has turned out better then I thought it would.

Clouded in again here now, so no astronomy tonight :sad:

Brinders

Just as I got my scope set up ... the clouds rolled in.

Anyway, camera was attached to the scope, and the cloud around the moon was thin, so I grabbed three quick shots. Two of the southern hemisphere and one of the north. The best of the south stitched with the only one I got of the north in Microsoft ICE, then post processed in Paintshop Pro X and saved as a JPEG.

Pentax K20D (raw) at prime focus on a Celestron CPC 925 GPS. 1/10 at f10, ISO 200.

Thanks for looking,

Brinders

Nice capture how do u find the celestron 9.25 I'm in the market for a new scope and really not sure wat to get I will be imaging planets and torn between 11 and 9.25 now H. Or normal?? Colin

Nice mosaic Brinder, especially as it was from a couple of quick frames grabbed between/through cloud. Perhaps when I am old and grey(er) I will see the Moon again!

Until that day I can always sit here and gaze in wonder and lust, at other peoples images.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice capture how do u find the celestron 9.25 I'm in the market for a new scope and really not sure wat to get I will be imaging planets and torn between 11 and 9.25 now H. Or normal?? Colin

I have had two C9.25s. The first was an OTA mounted to a Skywatcher EQ6 Pro mount and the second is my present CPC 925 GPS. Because I have to set up and tear down each evening, I rather got fed up of the OTA on the EQ mount and, as I only do some planetary imaging, I found an EQ mount wasn't necessary. As to the C9.25, I have to say the second (i.e. CPC 925 GPS tube) is superior in both finish and, I believe, better optically than my first C9.25. The XTL coating is noticeably more even and the inside of the tube darker than the first. I also find it keeps collimation better. With either, i wouldn't like to go any bigger as I find the C9.25 weighty enough for one person to handle and as can be seen in my Jupiter, Lunar and other planetary images elsewhere on the forum, for me it gives decent enough images and I find the focal length sufficient for our atmospheric conditions.

A larger, longer focal length OTA will mean increased time to reach equilibrium with ambient temperature and the increased focal length may actually give worse images in the prevailing atmospheric conditions I have to endure in my neck of the woods. So I am more than happy with the C9.25. If I need more focal length, I simply use my excellent Revelation Astro 2.5x apo barlow.

Brinders

Archived