Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One more Stonehaven Widefield

Still working on photos I took at New Year...and learning a lot as I muddle my way through! The LP from the town was pretty awful, but I'm quite happy with the amount of detail that I managed to tease out. The memorial itself was horribly affected by the processing, so I layered in an image of it from another frame captured at the same time.

All feedback gratefully received and thanks for looking!

post-20623-0-53477600-1358735899_thumb.j

Thanks!

I used a Canon 50D with 17-55 IS USM. Background frame was a single 25 second exposure at 6400 ISO stacked in DSS with darks and bias frames. The foreground was cropped from a similar frame at 1600 ISO. All of this is still very much trial and error though!

You're absolutely right, with a LP filter and an Astrotracker/Polarie or something like that, it would be much better. Gotta work on that!

This isn't Japan though. It's Stonehaven War Memorial south of Aberdeen taken when I was home at New Year.

Archived