Check how dark the skies are?

nephilim

Just came across this whilst sat passing the time as the clouds hang overhead http://www.need-less.org.uk/night%20sky%20simulator.html Not quite sure how accurate it is but you click on any part of the UK & on the left it gives a simulated view of how dark the skies are. I zoomed in to where I live & it was very close indeed to the skies around here lp wise. Another thing to do when the scope cant handle any more polishing. :grin:

Its good for giving you a rough idea but dont take it as gospel!

Its a simulation which works out the skies limited magnitude by satellite imagery so its readings are taken looking down onto earth not looking up like we do. :)

You can work out your own NELM by using Ursa Minor, you can download a print everything you need to know from here.

If you want to be more accurate you can buy a SQM meter from FLO here.

My dark sky is a website which shows peoples actual readings of how bright/dark the skies are.

Its good for giving you a rough idea but dont take it as gospel!

Its a simulation which works out the skies limited magnitude by satellite imagery so its readings are taken looking down onto earth not looking up like we do. :)

very good though. have used it before

You can work out your own NELM by using Ursa Minor, you can download a print everything you need to know from here.

If you want to be more accurate you can buy a SQM meter from FLO here.

My dark sky is a website which shows peoples actual readings of how bright/dark the skies are.

these sites are very good, never seen the ursa minor one before. thanks

Archived