NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Upgrading eyepiece selection....which magnifications?

Dear Stargazers!

I'm upgrading my eyepiece selection with two or three BST-ED's to complement my HR 7 planetary and standard 20mm Plossl. I'm sure about the 25 mm BST bacause I want a wide view to be able find objects (allready ordered that one), but am not sure to either get the 12,15 and/or 18 mm one's as well. Obviously I like looking at DSO's/ nebula and clusters offcourse.

I have a c6 celestron ngt (150/750mm). Which ones do you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have any experience of BST's but out of my EP's my 12mm and 24mm focal length EP's are my most used EP's. I do have an 18mm but have only had one night of viewing since it arrived so I'm not yet familiarized with it.

Plus Robin has stated from his experience that the F/L's that you are looking at are the best in the series so it does sound like you are going in the right direction :grin:

The BST series have a good reputation. The 25mm is said to be weakest in the series, so if you like it you will love the others.

Your existing eyepieces give you 30x (25mm BST), 37.5x (20mm Plossl), and 107x (7mm HR) in your C6N.

I'll go for the 5mm and 12mm, which will give you 150x and 62.5x in your scope

Archived