Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Ha image

So here is my first Ha image (with questions)

So this is 2 hours worth of 300 secs and 6 of 60 secs and then combined using the Combining 2 different exposures method which seems hard with Ha (with my standard Cannon images it seemed a lot eaiser)

So how do I combine this with an existing M42, do I need to remove the red channel from the existing M42 and then some how add the Ha (grey image) and then add colour to the grey Ha image ?

Help really appreciate

Oh I assume I will need to somehow align the Ha and existing RGB image as well

Regards

John B

post-4419-0-80880400-1358301261_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

In regard to the OP, its easy in PS - this is one method of a few:

1) Register the Ha against whatever RGB version of M42 you want to put it in (or vice versa depending on FOV)

2) Open both files in PS

3) On the colour version, select the red channel, select all, copy

4) Open a new document, the resolution will be automatically set - no need to change it.

5) Paste the red channel into it, then copy the Ha layer and paste it into the new document so you have two layers, blend mode normal

6) Adjust opacity to suit (usually about 50-60%), flatten.

7) Copy and paste the flattened image back into the red channel on your RGB version.

8) Done!

You may also want to try blending the Ha layer as luminence, only a light touch though (25-30%)

Archived