Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good Price

i have never seen "truss" type telescope, nut i just know i wpuld not have confidence that it would ever stay collimated for vey long.that said they quite popular and must be reasonably ok or they would never sell ,i supose

Hi

I used to have the 12" version and NO... they don't stay collimated very well at all. Unfortunately in order to move and store it I had to dissassemble it to go in and out of the house. I managed to improve things a bit by marking up which truss was attached to what part, so that eveytime it went together it was identical but collimation was still a bit of an issue.

Investing in a Hotech laser collimater sorted the problem as I could check/adjust collimation everytime I set it up in just a couple of minutes.

If you are tempted by this price go for it! Make sure you find an easy way to collimate though.

Tony

I think this is the cheapest you will ever get a new 16" telescope for.

http://www.telescope..._Dobsonian.html

Tempting even with the negative posts about the Lightbridge

The views that thing will give will soon make you forget about negative posts on forums!

Its a bargain light bucket thats £500 off its normal price whats not to like about that? :)

I have a 16" truss and can honestly say collimation has never been an issue, takes 5 minutes at very most and its certainly not something which would put me off a big dob.

The views that thing will give will soon make you forget about negative posts on forums!

Its a bargain light bucket thats £500 off its normal price whats not to like about that? :)

I have a 16" truss and can honestly say collimation has never been an issue, takes 5 minutes at very most and its certainly not something which would put me off a big dob.

I have to agree.

Once you have sussed collimation this will be worth every penny...and some.

There are plenty of lightbridge owners that do rate their scopes and for the price it is indeed tempting if you're looking for a DSO big bucket.

Certainly a good shroud and a good collimator as well as the means to transport the beast safely, add this to access to dark skies and ENJOY!

be aware that this is a fast mirror, therefore the collimation is critical as is a decent coma corrector and most importantly good quality EP's as it won't be very forgiving on wide field views with poor EP's.

HTH

Archived