NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads up - Jupiters Moons Tonight @ 21:34

Stargazer33

I was just playing with Javascript Jupiter and discovered that tonight 10-01-13 Io and Ganymede will be just off Jupiters disc to the right with Io sitting right on top of Ganymede. Io's shadow will be just to the left of the GRS which will be near the right hand edge.

post-21511-0-41752300-1357847337_thumb.j

If anyone has clear skies tonight it might be worth a look or image session. I'm totally whited out; again!

Edit: Oops! Forgot the time. 21:34 UT

Just come in, it's beginning to freeze! Looking at Jupiter, two moons close to left side and a black spot top right (that's inverted in my newt). Think I was too late for GRS, but really chuffed to have seen IOs shadow if that's what it was.

Just come in, it's beginning to freeze! Looking at Jupiter, two moons close to left side and a black spot top right (that's inverted in my newt). Think I was too late for GRS, but really chuffed to have seen IOs shadow if that's what it was.

I think you were probably looking at Ganymede's shadow around 11pm-midnight.

Io's crossed a bit earlier. First time I've seen a moon shadow on Jupiter :D

Archived