NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which DSLR to buy???Please Help

All three are a good upgrade from the 1000D. If you canm wait canon are releasing the 70D soon, and i think that will be better than all three you have suggested, but there will be a price tag on it.

I just had the same decision to make, and i picked the 60D over the 650D. My personal opinion i would forget about the 600D (unless money is an issue) and look at either the 60D or the 650D. Pros and Cons for both, 650D has the new Digic 5 processor which handles noise at higher ISO's bettwer than the Digic 4 (which the 60D has), 60D has a slightly higher frame rate than the 650D, but it is only 0.3fps more! The 60D is weather sealed, but when i used my 500D in the damp dew i didnt have a proble with it.

650D has the same sensor as the 60D, but the 60D is about 250g heavier, and has a larger body. 650D has a touch screen, but both have a swivle screen (which is great)

I suggest you go out to jessops, or another camera store, and have a play with both. Take your own SD card, and take a few sample shots with the same lens, and compare tham whan you get home.

Hope that is of some help

Keiran

Wise words from Kieren above.

Basically sit down and decide what you wan to do with the camera, landscape, portrait, wildlife, astro, etc etc.

Then have a look at the specs of the cameras, quite a few sites do side by side comparisions for the specs.

As an example of decisions on camera choice, I still use an "old" 1DMKIIN as my main daytime camera.

I use it mainly for motorsport so ;

1) It has a lighteningly quick autofocus system, still market leading in my view. Essential for Motorsport and wildlife photography.

2) Super fast frame rate, again still ahead of a lot of the newer cameras.

3) As a 1D series camera, the all metal body and water sealing is second to none, no worries having it out in the forest etc in the rain.

4) It is bomb proof, after approx 6 years in my hands (it was second hand) it is showing no signs of giving up the ghost on me.

So the above was my choices for choosing a 1D MKII N all those years ago.

The reason I use a "basic" 1100D for astro work is ;

1) Much lighter than the 1DMKIIN o sick on the end of a telescope.

2) Has live view, + connecivity to laptop for Backyard EOS etc.

3) Has Digic 4 processor, so noise handling much better than 1DMKIIN.

4) Larger resolution then the 1D.

I hope the above examples gives some ideas of the thought process you need to go through,

Cheers,

Grahame.

i would forget about the 600D (unless money is an issue)

I bought a 600D a while ago (it was the best I could afford) and plan to use it for imaging at some point.

Is there anything specifically wrong with it?

Can't go wrong with the 1000D in my eyes, get it modded for astrophotography and your half way to a decent setup.

I would buy a new camera for terrestrial use and mod the 1000D for astro. (That is if you want it modding)

Rob.

Archived