Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSO imaging with CPC1100

Johnboy

Hi folks,

I have a Celestron CPC1100 in it's original config. (fork mounted, no wedge), and I am interested in trying my hand at DSO imaging with it.

I realise that my current set up is not ideal for DSO's, but was wondering what I could achieve with it. I have had a chat with Bern at Modern Astronomy and he says a Brightstar Mammut would be a good start.

http://www.modernastronomy.com/camerasAstroVideo.html

If I take to DSO imaging then I would look into a wedge and progress from there, but as I stand at the moment what results do you folks think could be achieved? I am assuming lots of short exposures so no rotation occurs. Also I have done some Solar System imaging with a NexImage camera. Does the software for DSO's work in a similar fashion (i.e. stacking of lots of images to bulid up the detail)?

I know there is much more to this like darks and flats etc,. but before I spend too much money on something that might not be for me I thought I'd ask and see what might work with my set up. I have a FR reducer already.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

John

Archived