Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I got the camera, now what??

Looks like they're doing a few events for Stargazing Live next week, too. What better excuse could you want? :)

James

its not the excuses, its the lack of monies for petrol, I'll have to be extra nice to him (and pointedly mention that I got him a hugo boss watch for christmas, whilst he got me a lava lamp!) I'll see what I can do.

The 350D is a very capable DSLR for astro purposes and I enjoyed using one with this software as it made focusing and subsequent image capture a doddle. Sadly, it does mean having a laptop outside with you but it is soooo worth it!

I'll hceck the software out, cheers steppenwolf :D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would definately be worth getting to a club night, the stargazing live events will be good and fun, but probably not much learning oppertunites as it will be quite hectic (if its anything like my astro clubs live event) but on a normal club night, there is an amazing wealth of knowledge to tap into.

You're most welcome to come along to any of our stargazing live events (CNAAG), unfortunately the forecast doesn't look good for our Solar event at the Rollright Stones this Sunday but hopefully the weather will improve for the 17th, 20th and 22nd observing evenings, keep an eye on the website for updates http://www.cnaag.com/

Cheers Mel

thankyou so much, i think i would get along a lot better with help from people in the flesh as it were. I'll see if the boyfriend has anything planned for next week, if not and petrol-permitting, we'll pop over from banbury for the evening. otherwise, i'd be delighted to come along to one of the evenings later on in the month. :-)

Archived