Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st Jupiter

CT1

Hi everyone. I posted on here about a week ago telling you all i was about to get my first telescope. Well i did, and i love it. It was cold outside, my girlfriend and parents laughed at me, but i set my telescope up and pointed it at the moon. I was amazed with what i was seeing. I achieved something. But i didnt stop, i pointed my telescope at jupiter, it was hard because my red dot was well out of line lol, but i did it!! I showed my girlfriend and she wasnt impressed...but i was standing there with a big smile on my face. It was amazing. It was nothing compared to some of the images on here, but i didnt expect that. I dont have the best telescope so it was shaking and i was probably making loads of beginner mistakes, but i was happy. And it really makes me appreciate the images you guys post on here. Its amazing!! I just want a clear sky now :)

Hi everyone. I posted on here about a week ago telling you all i was about to get my first telescope. Well i did, and i love it. It was cold outside, my girlfriend and parents laughed at me, but i set my telescope up and pointed it at the moon. I was amazed with what i was seeing. I achieved something. But i didnt stop, i pointed my telescope at jupiter, it was hard because my red dot was well out of line lol, but i did it!! I showed my girlfriend and she wasnt impressed...but i was standing there with a big smile on my face. It was amazing. It was nothing compared to some of the images on here, but i didnt expect that. I dont have the best telescope so it was shaking and i was probably making loads of beginner mistakes, but i was happy. And it really makes me appreciate the images you guys post on here. Its amazing!! I just want a clear sky now :)

Glad you got your scope out and had a look!

I'm sure this is a regular topic on this forum but tonight I got my first Jupiter. I was in pretty much the same circumstances as CT1 with the same red-dot-finder out of line problem but a bit of messing sorted my beginner problems. I was using a Jessops 1100-102 Reflector (Christmas Present) which has took a lot of stick on here but it did the trick for me tonight. I saw the equatorial belts but not enough magnification from the basic eyepieces to see the Red Spot. The moon has evaded me up to now due to catastrophic cloud cover since Christmas but I'll catch the little [removed word] soon enough, and Saturn as well.

Archived