NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TAL 2" diagonal

TonyD

Hello,

Doing a bit of research I have found out that there is a TAL-produced 2"diagonal which limits the infocus problem for certain eyepieces.

From a previous thread, AndyH reported:

The scope works in 2" mode, with their 2" gear, so I've read. This same problem was found on some of the 100RS's. Bit of a bummer considering the 2" diagonal and eyepiece aren't imported though :icon_confused:

Never understood why they don't design some of their scopes with non Tal extras in mind? A bit insular or blumming minded? :icon_scratch:

and from that same thread,

Now regarding TAL specific use of 2” eyepieces. TAL does make a 2” stardiagonal part number is ZP-90-2

so the question is, what country(s) were these imported to, and would it be possible to source them from retailers in these countries? For example, I have contacts through students with people in the Ukraine or Russia - could these items not be sourced from suppliers there?

Hmmm.

Tony

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those comments were made in response to my review of the TAL Apolar 125 I seem to recall Tony. I guess it must be a form of low profile diagonal that screws straight onto the end of the drawtube. Maybe contact TAL direct and see if they can suggest a supplier ?. Andy H has good contacts there I believe.

Those comments were made in response to my review of the TAL Apolar 125 I seem to recall Tony. I guess it must be a form of low profile diagonal that screws straight onto the end of the drawtube. Maybe contact TAL direct and see if they can suggest a supplier ?. Andy H has good contacts there I believe.

Thanks John.

Yes, this came from a thread started by you where you posted an excellent and thorough review of the TAL apolar 125.

I know that Andy'll have probably tried to source something. If he has been unsuccessful until now I may be able to help out.

Tony

Basically the 2" version is a larger version of the Tal 1.25" diagonal. It has a quoted 'throughput' of 92mm(ie: uses up 92mm of available focus) which is 16mm less than my Burgess 2" diagonal. I've measured my Tal 1.25" as using up 72mm. Most other 1.25" diagonals use up at least 80mm.

I've seen some Russian & Ukranian(and Belorussian ones !!) online Astro shops that have them listed.

Andreas, who started up the Tal_250K yahoo group, has done a nice review of it. http://de.groups.yah...250K/message/13

Andy.

ps: if I wanted one(or rather could afoard anything), I'd probably email Yuri Elovenko and see if he could help. He has been superbly helpful in the past.

Basically the 2" version is a larger version of the Tal 1.25" diagonal. It has a quoted 'throughput' of 92mm(ie: uses up 92mm of available focus) which is 16mm less than my Burgess 2" diagonal. I've measured my Tal 1.25" as using up 72mm. Most other 1.25" diagonals use up at least 80mm.

I've seen some Russian & Ukranian(and Belorussian ones !!) online Astro shops that have them listed.

Andreas, who started up the Tal_250K yahoo group, has done a nice review of it. http://de.groups.yah...250K/message/13

Andy.

ps: if I wanted one(or rather could afoard anything), I'd probably email Yuri Elovenko and see if he could help. He has been superbly helpful in the past.

Hi Andy, thanks for this information. Just for clarification, I imagine that less throughput is better ... in other words, the TAL 2" diagonal would provide more focussing travel than the Burgess? Or am I mixing it up?

Tony

Yeah. To reach focus with the same 2" eyepiece for example, the Burgess unit would need the focuser tube to be racked in by a further 16mm, as compared with the Tal unit.

Basically here's how it works in Russia regarding the purchase of Tal stuff.............

Tal have agents dotted about Russia(Moscow, St. Petersburg & Krasnoyarsk), who will get you an item in. Or you can order direct from them in Novosibirsk. They don't do dealers, like we know it. You are in effect, buying direct from the manufacturer.

eg: posted by Yuri Elovenko, on the NPZ website forum...

If you have any questions of the availability, delivery, price and purchase products, please contact us by phone. (383) 216-08-70 216-09-70 in Novosibirsk or (495) 482-17-03 in Moscow.

Also, e-mail:

salesru@npzoptics.ru in Novosibirsk;

makarovaolga@inbox.ru , msk@npzoptics.ru in Moscow;

info@predstav.ru , spb@npzoptics.ru in St. Petersburg;

optika.07 @ mail.ru , @ mail.ru optika.08 in Krasnoyarsk.

This post has been edited uran - 13 Dec 2012, 20:40

The scheme is applicable only to the Russian Federation!

CLEARANCE

If you've already decided what instrument or accessory would like to purchase, then it's time to move on to the question of how to order and receive. We have tried to simplify the maximum product order.

? Enough to start your desire to make us by phone, fax or e-mail, just indicate that you wish to purchase.

? You can also contact one of our representatives or dealers in the region (a list of dealers and offices provided below).

? Our managers will find out stock status, date of manufacture, and the other way to send your questions. In the application form, specify your name, address, e-mail or phone number.

? In the account may be included in the transfer rate. It depends on your city and the company delivers the goods. If the carrier admits the payment delivery will be made by you on delivery. Our managers are you sure about that detail notified.

? In your address will be billed (by fax, email or regular mail), signed and sealed.

Contact Us: 630 049 RUSSIA, Novosibirsk, ul. D. Kovalchuk, 179/2, tel. (383) -216-08-15, fax (383) -225-58-96, site www.npzoptics.ru, email npz@ngs.ru.

All the needed information, you can get at the above telephone numbers or writing to the official email address Refinery

PAYMENT

We work on a prepaid basis. Get an account by fax, email or regular mail, you can pay it in your nearest bank.

? Bill payment, you will receive a bank payment order. For speedy dispatch of your order and confirm the payment by phone, fax, email or regular mail, stating the number of the payment order.

? Payment of bills means you accept the terms of delivery. AOC required. This product is released upon the arrival of the money to the bank account designated by the manager.

DELIVERY

In the presence of the desired product in stock, shipment shall be made ​​within three days. Same period production of ordered goods can be one month.

? For the safety of the equipment in transit do not worry, everything is securely packed. Trucking companies also undertake to deliver a package in its entirety.

? We work with reliable companies engaged in the carriage of goods for years. U.S. carrier selected to suit your interests, depending on the locality where you need to deliver the order.

? The main carriers:

1. Trading. Delivery of cargo in Russia. Information on the Company and its affiliates can be found on the website or by calling www.autotrading.ru Novosibirsk Mission (3832) -162826

2. ZhelDorEkspeditsiya. Delivery of goods to Russia by rail. Site http://www.jde.ru . Phone Novosibirsk branch (3832) -119071.

? When the goods will be delivered to your location, the company will contact you carrier.

? If you book through our representative or dealer, you can get the device from him, in which case you do not pay for delivery to the representative or dealer.

o Trade and Exhibition Centre, Bratislava, tel. (3832) -283170, npz@ngs.ru

o Representation of the plant in Moscow, Tel. / Fax: (095) -4821703

o Representation of the plant in Krasnoyarsk, tel. (3912) -227480, (3912) -275320, optica@ktk.ru

o Representation of the plant in St. Petersburg, tel. / fax (812) -3359638

o Firm "OrlanVest", Moscow, Tel. / Fax: (095) -9247124, telescopes@urania.ru

Best regards, Marketing and Sales.

p_up.gif

Andy.

But this can only be ordered if you are inside the Russian Federation, as the earlier quote indicates? None of those email contacts would be interested in supplying outside the Russian Federation.

Hmmm. I suppose I could drive across to St Petersburg ...

post-27346-0-56978700-1357242670_thumb.j

Any saving would be completely lost on petrol, road tolls and ferry tickets!

Tony

But this can only be ordered if you are inside the Russian Federation, as the earlier quote indicates? None of those email contacts would be interested in supplying outside the Russian Federation.

As far as I'm aware, that's correct. Reply's usually say, please contact your country's representative.

http://www.npzoptics.com/foreign_partners/

I was told to contact Optical Vision Ltd, which is next to useless.

Mmm, you are in Norway. Perhaps try sending an email with your address details and the item you require to salesru@npzoptics.ru

For example I have sent an email some time back to the above address.

My email heading was 'Price and availability of 2" diagonal mirror' and my message(in english & russian) was

Hello.

Is 2" diagonal mirror available to purchase?

Can you post to UK ?

Thank you,

Andy H.

address

Привет.

2" Диагональ зеркало доступна для покупки?

Вы можете разместить в Великобританию?

Спасибо

Andy H.

address

Andy.

I'll get onto that right away and see what happens.

Norway doesn't have a TAL representative (at any rate, not one that I have come across) but I might get deflected to the German importer.

Have you ever tried to deal with the German representatives?

I think most of the mentioned reps might be arms/hunting dealers of sorts ;)

Don't forget what NPZ do, apart from Astro products etc. LOL.

I've never tried contacting any of them, apart from Tecnosky, in Italy.

:grin:

yes the email is sent ...

Привет.

2" Диагональ зеркало доступна для покупки?

Вы можете разместить в Норвегию?

Спасибо

etc etc

My Russian isn't up to much - my Czech is far more fluent and I can detect the slavik words coming through with my primitive smattering of Cyrillic phonetics.

Actually - that's a point, I wonder if there'd be any luck in going through the Czech Republic or Slovakia? I've got many contacts and family out there....

Tony

Well if I have any success with this route then feel welcome to use me as a "portal" :smiley:

From what I understand OVL in the UK only correspond with retailers? Have approaches by retailers to OVL already resulted in negative responses. Surely if it could be demonstrated that there was enough interest to import a consignment then it would be worth everybody's while?

Not sure I fully understand the politics involved.

Tony

Archived