NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TAL 2" diagonal

TonyD

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A potential option could be a UK/EU SGL TAL group buy. I have participated in these on a number of other forums/hobbies and they have worked out quite well.

The gist is that, a inquiry by a single individual is generally met with apathy on the part of the manufacturer as they tend to prefer dealing in bulk/dealers, it simply tends not to be cost efficient for them generally.

However, if we pool our resources together and gather a substantial order I am sure that we can get TAL's ear, thus we will then be able to order the parts we require/wish in a single order, we will generally get the parts at a substantial discount to distributor prices and will probably get an additional discount if the order is large enough.

There is a pretty substantial snag. There is quite a bit of work to be done for an action of this sorts to be conducted, these group buys tend to be spearheaded by a single trustworthy member of long standing and there is a substantial amount of coordination and time spent on making a group buy work. The time of the individual is generally reimbursed by a part of the bulk discount, parts etc. The GB would have to be EU wide, so we would have the hassle of a single import fee but I can see it being quite feasible.

yes the email is sent ...

Привет.

2" Диагональ зеркало доступна для покупки?

Вы можете разместить в Норвегию?

Спасибо

Just to update you, no reply yet. They may be on an extended Christmas holiday?

- Tony

Yes, that certainly rings a bell. The Russian Orthodox religious calendar is out of synch if I remember correctly. Doesn't the Orthodox Church celebrate Christmas on 6th January or something like that? Over to wikipedia... I'd better find out so I can wish my TAL a Merry Christmas on the right day in the future... :grin:

- Tony

Reply!

---

We regret to inform you that as a manufacture and wholesaler we do not operate with retail orders.

Please try to contact the following companies:

Tecnosky (Italy) http://shop.tecnosky.it/Index.asp?SessionID=B679F082-7FC2-472F-AE59-EA882D32D5CE&lingua=ENG

Optical Vision Ltd. (UK) http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/

We have supplied them our telescopes.

Best regards,

Sergey V. Dresvyannikov

Head of Foreign Trade Department

"Novosibirsk Instrument-Making Plant"

Novosibirsk, Russia

tel. +7 383 2285259

fax +7 383 2261594

www.npzoptics.com

---

Ok, so I'll go the Italian route!