Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starting to Think about a new Obs design.

ribuck

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rich,

Here are the drawings I did when I designed mine:

KSCN0001_zps16148273.jpg

KSCN0002_zpsd65c4efd.jpg

The back gable end fascia board seals against the wall with rubber draft excluder when the roof closes up against it, the sides have extra wide draft excluder brushes that stay in contact with the inside of the side fascia panels, and the front has a flap that hindges up to clear the wall so the roof can be pushed back. This has a rubber draft excluder on the back so it seals against the wall when shut.

I built this in the summer and have not had any bugs or anything get in, dont even have a single spiders webb!

I did add a vent to the front fascia board and another in the floor at the back to keep tha air flowing, I also added fly mesh to them to keep bugs out.

I have no heating in there and everything is dry and clean :smiley:

There are a few photos in my post here:http://stargazerslou...or-observatory/

Hope this helps.

Jason.

Hi Rich,

A new house, a new baby and a new observatory - you don't do things by halves! :smile:

Hope the house move and the new arrival goes well and that you're soon up and running with the observatory build. We moved last June and it wasn't too long before I got my build underway.

I've found this thread interesting as I'm just at the point in the build where I need to decide how I'm going to weather proof where the rolling roof gable end. Some very useful ideas from everyone.

Yes, it's all going to happen in one go almost, that's why i want to try and make the build as simple as possible, so speed up the build process as my wife is keen to remind me i wont have much time for my hobbies when the baby arrives.

Archived