Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Coronado/William Optict mod

Jamie

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David

The only bit that made me change my mind in which scope to use was that it

might need to be shortened IE cut the telescope barrel...So i got a scope just for that purpose... 8)

Plus David i know a fair bit about solar viewing and am constantly picking the brains of the likes of other

solar astronomers and engineers. (just to stay on the safe side)

Remember Always stay safe!!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi John

The donor parts came from a new type PST ethalon and a Helios ST102 OTA , the ERF is the Astro Engineering one (one of the best on the market i have been reliably informed)

Astro Engineering also made the cell that the ERF is housed in.

Arthur/Ambermile kindly donated an ethalon to 2" adapter (the importance of these things being made properly cannot be highlighted enough)

I just can't wait to get out and use it.

Thanks Jamie.

Is the ERF/cell a standard stock item or was it a custom order - I took a look on their website and couldn't find it.

ALso, (if you can bear a few more questions...) do you know what the clear aperture of the ERF is, along with the range of scope outside diameters the cell will mount onto?

Now the new solar cycle is starting up, it'd be a good time to finish off my conversion project.

Cheers,

John

Thanks Jamie.

Is the ERF/cell a standard stock item or was it a custom order - I took a look on their website and couldn't find it.

Also, (if you can bear a few more questions...) do you know what the clear aperture of the ERF is, along with the range of scope outside diameters the cell will mount onto?

Now the new solar cycle is starting up, it'd be a good time to finish off my conversion project.

Cheers,

John

The ERF is a stock item but not listed in this particular size 90mm.

The cell was custom made to fit MY scope.

Clear aperture of the ERF is 86mm.

The scope i used was a 102mm refractor so i will get the full aperture of the ERF....

The custom made side of things will need to be discussed by you with whom ever you buy it from..

Archived