Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This is my first image.

Sounds about right :laugh: my first go was pretty much the same

Capture 11_30_2012 10_16_29 PM.bmp That was my first attempt

, at least your up and running with it now, it takes a lot of practise and its not easy focusing, tracking & tweaking the settings all at the same time. Well done for your first go, one thing i will say is that your exposure is set to high. My second attempt with Jupiter was this

Capture 12_9_2012 7_44_02 PM.bmp its well worth keeping at it as you'll get better with each session!! Good luck! :laugh:

Welcome to the addiction that is astrophotography :D well done, clear night and a bit more post processing and you will have a lot of fun towards the end of the week! if its clear there will be some good chances to experiment with the moon.

Welcome to the addiction that is astrophotography :D well done, clear night and a bit more post processing and you will have a lot of fun towards the end of the week! if its clear there will be some good chances to experiment with the moon.

what software do i use for post processing ,is there any free downloads out there.Im using sharpcap but not too sure which settingsi should be using to capture.

what software do i use for post processing ,is there any free downloads out there.Im using sharpcap but not too sure which settingsi should be using to capture.

Sharpcaps the one i use and my settings for tje Jupiter pic in my last post were Resolution=320x240

Frame Rate (fps)=30.00

Colour Space / Compression=YUY2

Exposure=-4

Brightness=128

Contrast=36

Hue=9

Saturation=58

Sharpness=103

Gamma=180

WhiteBalance=6550

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=22

I stack using Registax v6.Also free.

Hi there settings will be different for dif scopes the settings will not be the same lets say ,a 80mm scope the settings will not be the same as for a 200mm scope,it's better to have a slightly dimmer image that you can lighten ,now a bright image is some times hard to get right .

try 15 frames per second 30 seems a bit much. For your webcam

pall in all it's a good I first image just play with the settings till you get it right get the gamma as low as pos

pat

Archived