Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 281 Pacman Hubble palette

x6gas

I've added some more NCG 281 data as I wanted to capture some RGB to use for star colour. I must say that processing it was harder than I thought it would be...

Most of the Ha and OIII on this was captured in very poor conditions with high cloud - I did manage to get 10 subs each of Ha and OIII in much better conditions and the difference in the quality of the individual subs is astounding!

Anyway, this uses most of the data that I've captured:

Ha: 40 x 300s

OIII: 40 x 420s

R: 30 x 120s

G: 30 x 120s

B: 30 x 180s

TS90 APO; CG-5; Atik 460 ex. Guided with QHY IMG0H and PHD.

Thanks for looking.

gallery_11821_2145_549434.png

Thanks Gina - really pleased with the high pass filter sharpening... gradually collecting techniques and then I just have to figure out what works best on what subject!

It's a long road this astro-processing lark!

Been trying ti find the high pass filter in PS - or have I got my wires crossed :D

It's under "other" on the filters menu in PhotoPlus X4 - think it's the same in PS. Set pixel size to aroun 6-7 and blend mode to overlay or softlight...

Archived