Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Twinkle, Twinkle little stars, and stars and stars

I went out to the dark site with our local astro-club last night and managed this 20 min. composite of the Milkyway, looking slightly up and to the West of Sagitarrius. So, I'm no sure of all the little fuzzies.

This was taken with a Canon XT - 50mm lens - 40 subs of 30 sec. each at ISO 800.

* It was an effort to reduce, reduce and reduce this wide field for the forum file size. You ought to see the big one...Lol.........

Doug

Sorry about that, it was 5am when I did that!!

I've had a more sober attempt. Couldn't find any useful (anything with HIP in it I ignore!!) information for the space towards the left

1834_normal.jpeg

this has been jpegged twice now, so sorry about the fuzzy writing :oops:

EDIT: I've just realised the fuzzy patch which forms a parallelogram with M16,17 and 25 is an open cluster called NGC6645.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for Both versions of Id'ing the items in the image. I appreciate your time to look these up. Sorry to reply so late to you...but, internet connection went down last evening.

Cheers

Doug

Archived