Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C11pelican in the mist or Fog

CELESCOPE

LOL,well i tried hard last night ,started off ok guide star found ,but then a high fine fog bloted out a lot of stars , not enough to loose the guide star , but plenty to stop a lot of data through the HA fILTER, still i persisted wanted to see if the other night was afluke , but nope things seemed to be fine on the guiding side ,but imaging at such a high mag , is a lot harder than imaging through an ED80 lol, 5 mins seemed to be ok with a very wee bit of movement , so maybe the aggression needs atouch more and maybe the (ms) need to be slightly higher, but with my new F5.9 reducer which i have to try as yet ,i may not need to alter things,

So the image has some noise in it due to the weather , but this is really close in on the Pelican neck, note the stars are pretty good , added my own colour for amusement, can see the different tones of nebula in there , so a better night and some true colour should make this anice target ,

Stats , 1 hr 10 mins of exposure , ranging from 4 and 5 mins subs, QHY5 guide camera , PHD guiding, Atik 16hr, HA filter, C11 imaging scope , ED 80 Equinox as guiding scope.resized for on here, (unbinned)

more practise needed, but i will get there.

Rog

1756_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Rog, you did well considering the carp foggy weather ! That's a fine Pelican's neck.

Glad you're getting the hang of guiding. I've only managed two goes at guiding with the QHY5 and PHD - once with the ED80 and once with the C8 GPS. I need the skies to practice.

8)

MD

Archived