NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Excellent seeing, lousy results.

Atlas

Tried out my webcam last night, and wasn't impressed at all. Best seeing all year without anything to show for it. I will be putting imaging on hold for a few months since I'm moving the family to Germany very soon. As soon as we get settled I'll get a ZWO camera and hopefully get some decent shots.

Anywho, here is the image.

gallery_15786_2159_6517.jpg

That's not a bad shot for that magnification from a web cam. If anything it looks like the stacking is off as there appears to be multiple edges at the bottom of the planet under the GRS.

I have yet to enjoy that perfect night when seeing and transparency are wonderful, the mount is aligned perfectly the camera talks to the laptop and the batteries all last long enough to get the images that I'm after. That's not much to ask for is it? :wink: Oh, and I have learnt how to use the post image processing software properly! :grin:

Archived