Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First attempt at Jupiter with X-Box cam.

nephilim

Hi, I took this avi Capture 12_6_2012 12_58_21 AM.bmplast night with my Sky-Watcher 130m (EQ2 900mmF/L) Now I know its not great but its my first go, my question is this, why cant I get any colour in the image? This may sound a bit daft :smiley: but i'v seen other pics on here around the same size, but with colour. When observing in the EP I do get very slight creams & browns so I would have thought a chip would pick even a little bit up. I used Sharpcap to capture (Specs below) and Registax v5 to stack. Maybe i'm asking to much with the gear I have. All in all, i'm still very happy with it. :grin:

[Video Camera ]

Resolution=640x480

Frame Rate (fps)=10.00

Colour Space / Compression=YUY2

Exposure=-8

Brightness=134

Contrast=72

Hue=-117

Saturation=0

Sharpness=130

Gamma=180

WhiteBalance=5555

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=45

Hi there :)

Great results for a first attempt and a small scope! Regardless of the size, the image looks pretty neat and with a good amount of detail :) Well done!

About the lack of colour: in your settings I see Saturation=0. I suppose it has something to do with that (people with more experience will be able to help further with this, as I've never done astro captures with Sharpcap :) ) you may try a day capture with your cam and see if changing the saturation settings will bring the colours back :)

Clear Skies! :)

Hi there smile.gif

Great results for a first attempt and a small scope! Regardless of the size, the image looks pretty neat and with a good amount of detail smile.gif Well done!

About the lack of colour: in your settings I see Saturation=0. I suppose it has something to do with that (people with more experience will be able to help further with this, as I've never done astro captures with Sharpcap smile.gif ) you may try a day capture with your cam and see if changing the saturation settings will bring the colours back smile.gif

Clear Skies! smile.gif

Thanks, the clouds were coming in & I'd been imaging the moon all night when I thought i'd give Jupiter a try, so the settings I was using were the settings for the moon with the the odd adjustments here & there. Your comment about the saturation makes sense , I'll try a 'daytime' capture & see how I get on. :grin:

Clear skies.!!

Hi there smile.gif

Great results for a first attempt and a small scope! Regardless of the size, the image looks pretty neat and with a good amount of detail smile.gif Well done!

About the lack of colour: in your settings I see Saturation=0. I suppose it has something to do with that (people with more experience will be able to help further with this, as I've never done astro captures with Sharpcap smile.gif ) you may try a day capture with your cam and see if changing the saturation settings will bring the colours back smile.gif

Clear Skies! smile.gif

Hi, had another go tonight and adjusted saturation levels & used 2xBarlow ( I've posted them in beginners imaging- '2nd crack at Jupiter'), thanks for the advice. :laugh:

Archived