Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Little and Large

jabberwocky

My two favourite eyepieces, very different but both fantastic in their own way.

The differences in eyepiece size and design intrigues me, and I find them very collectible, there is just something about eyepieces. Obviously the views they give is the no 1 reason to buy them, but there is something about them that appeals to the collector in me.

post-13147-0-56454500-1354753924_thumb.j

Very nice photo.

It sounds like you are at a early stage of Obsessive Eyepiece Collection Disorder, the eyepiece equivalent of aperture fever. Like aperture fever, it's easy to catch OECD by looking through someone else eyepiece at a star party. :D

A nice sharp FOV free of artefacts is very addictive

My own little 0.965" 5mm circle V and a large Nikon.

post-9327-0-63861200-1354892103_thumb.jp

The size differences can get a bit crazy. I trying out 5mm eyepieces when I took this photo (Ethos 8mm + 1.6 barlow = 5mm). Look at the eye lens of the TMB Supermonocentric - it has a 30 degree field of view and I was using it with my undriven, alt-az mounted scopes :rolleyes2:

post-118-0-88613100-1354894227_thumb.jpg

I def have OECD, I was quite happy until I looked through a panoptic at SGL7, now I understand what you get for the extra money, most of my purchases are second hand, bought a 7mm Nagler today for £145, so I'm trying to buy high quality on a budget.

i also have a nice new home for them, nice flight case(not maplins) just need to add some foam and a flourish or 2 to finish it off.

Interesting in how two eyepieces, each of dramatically contrasting proportions can present themselve's on equal favourable terms.

I could just as easily profile my (little) 11mm TV plossl and (large) 35mm panoptic, both of which have received a lot of use in recent sessions.

The size differences can get a bit crazy. I trying out 5mm eyepieces when I took this photo (Ethos 8mm + 1.6 barlow = 5mm). Look at the eye lens of the TMB Supermonocentric - it has a 30 degree field of view and I was using it with my undriven, alt-az mounted scopes :rolleyes2:

A 5mm 30° fov ep in an undriven scope, I bet that was fun John!

Archived