Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter from 3rd December with Astromaster 130EQ

DBushell

I think I took my best Jupiter footage yet on Monday. Still have some more to process including a two 2x barlow stacked image.

But anyway here is my latest Astromaster 130EQ 2x barlow scp900 3000 frame capture of Jupiter, it's GRS and Io very faint to bottom left.

post-21611-0-24273600-1354701577_thumb.j

So you put one x2 barlow into another x2 barlow and then put your web cam in that! Focussing must have been a real challenge! :shocked:

Can't wait to see the result.

Nice pic by the way - I prefer the original one, smaller but looks cleaner.

Yes the images above are with a single 2x barlow, and tonight I'm going to process the two 2x barlow stack. Focusing is a nightmare, as is tracking but it's fun! If everything were easy or the best I would get bored quickly!

Here is the two stacked 2xbarlow image. It's not great, but then it's nigh on impossible to focus with a scope on a wobbly mount moving so fast across the screen! It's pot luck.

GRS is visible, and Io just off to the left.

Think I'm reaching the limit of this scope in terms of planetary photography....

post-21611-0-76382200-1354793234_thumb.j

Archived