Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Capture software for QHY5v

boabsta

As per the title can anyone recomend some decent and preferably free capture sortware that will work with the QHY5v as sharpcap doesnt.

I have been using Qvideo32 but dont know how good this is as I have nothing to compare it with but I will say my results so far have been poor at best.

Anyone?

Rab.

The supplied software is very good. Comparable to Sharpcap.

Nebulosity is another one that doesn't work with the QHY5V either. I have e-mailed to ask if there is a work around but not had any response. Glad I paid to buy this one...not! :(

Stick with the supplied.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for advice Buzz. It seems there is a few things that dont like the 5v.

Daniel I would like to have a bash at the planets. I mostly got the 5v for guiding but I have read a few times now that it gets good results on planets. I just cant seem to get any.

I have tried both registax 5 and 6 and stacked images always seem to be no diffrent to a single capture.

Rab.

I use the supplied QGvideo. I don't find it as easy to use as Sharpcap, but it does the job :) the only thing I can't figure out is how to take clips longer than 1min. I can set a capture time 3min or 2000 frames no matter, it chops it up into 1 min / 450 frame chunks :(

Archived