NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

revelation moon filter

bottletopburly

Hi. I have a variable polarizing Moon filter (http://www.firstligh...oon-filter.html) which I quite like as you can adjust the brightness accordingly - I've used it for the Moon, but also for other planets.

Tim.

we have this one too - makes a huge difference - you can actually see when you remove your eye from the eyepiece as well !!!!!!!!!! A worthwhile investment.

I have a Revelation one, Orion optics one and a Meade one....The Meade I find a little "dark", and is not very good if taking pictures. The Revelation is not as dark as the Meade and does a fine job. I did not pay for the Meade as it came in the Series 4000 Eyepiece kit I was given by BCF years ago when I spent a LOT of money in their shop. The Revelation was bought when I thought I had lost my Orion and i seem to recall it costing about £25 at the time.

The Orion I bought in the US a number of years back and is simply superb, it seems to vary it's polarisation depending on the brightness of the Moon, I know it does not, or at least the gumf does not support that, but it is the best of the three by a statute mile.

Orion now sell in the UK directly. here is a link to their filters

Archived