Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First image with X-Box cam. Advice please.

nephilim

Capture 11_30_2012 10_16_29 PM.bmp

This is my first image after LOTS of faffing about last night. Obviously the focus is out but my main problem was when i was when i was capturing the avi there was a lot of what looked like 'blue' static. When I did the mod i taped the whole thing up in electrical tape as I'd read in other posts that light can leak thru the gaps in the casing, im thinking that the static is noise ( altho im not sure of these things) from the heat would it be better if I took the tape off the back & had the bare minimum on?? All in all, I'm very pleased with my first attempt. These are the settings I used-

[Video Camera ]

Resolution=640x480

Frame Rate (fps)=10.00

Colour Space / Compression=YUY2

Exposure=-9

Brightness=122

Contrast=49

Hue=0

Saturation=143

Sharpness=125

Gamma=216

WhiteBalance=5423

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=4

I've not used that camera before but is the gamma too high? When I use the SPC900 in sharpcap I have the gamma almost at 0

I'll give that a try thanks, it was quite tricky last nite as it was the first time i'd tried it, wires everywhere trying to track the image, focus & adjust settings all at the same time, plus the clouds were moving in! I'll be better prepared tonight & give it another go. :smiley:

I downloaded it and converted it to a png so I could see it. Hopefully it should look like this:

post-10871-0-28371500-1354383467_thumb.p

There are stacking artefacts there that I associated with Registax v6 struggling to cope with variations in contrast (the "crazing" that appears in the image). The blue colour is just down to sensor noise I think. You may need to back off the gain a bit to try to keep that under control. Finding suitable settings for the Xbox camera was a bit of a fishing trip for me (though not as bad as for the Lifecam) so I'd be tempted to set SharpCap to record the settings you use for each image, then try different combinations and process them all to see what you think looks best.

James

I downloaded it and converted it to a png so I could see it. Hopefully it should look like this:

post-10871-0-28371500-1354383467_thumb.p

There are stacking artefacts there that I associated with Registax v6 struggling to cope with variations in contrast (the "crazing" that appears in the image). The blue colour is just down to sensor noise I think. You may need to back off the gain a bit to try to keep that under control. Finding suitable settings for the Xbox camera was a bit of a fishing trip for me (though not as bad as for the Lifecam) so I'd be tempted to set SharpCap to record the settings you use for each image, then try different combinations and process them all to see what you think looks best.

James

Thanks James (That is the right pic) I'll keep those idea's in mind and just keep at it, I'm very happy with what i got all for the sake of a £5 camera. Trial and error it is then.......The one 'skill' i'm learning with this hobby is patience :grin: I'll see what I can get now as i've just finished work and theres CLEAR SKIES 4 once. :grin: :grin:

Archived