NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 14th November

Arushin

Finally got a chance to stack some avi of Jupiter from a couple of weeks ago. Only the second try with the SW 180 Mak and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I know it's a little 'biscuity' but I was hoping someone could advise what a step up colour camera would be from the webcam in my kit list (without having to sell my Kidneys).

3 Mins of capture and about 1100 final frames.

Regards and thanks in advance

Do you have any other pics with the SW MAK 180 as i was thinking of buying a scope just like that (if not that one)

Hi,

this only the 2nd time I have managed to use the 180 for capturing, but a definate improvement over the127 which I used to have and loved.

I would definately recommend the 180pro for planetary and luner obs & imaging if you can't get your hands on a C9.25 for the right price.

I did manage a reasonable Mars earlier in the year which, although way past its best, I still got the best shot that I have ever got of it. I will post it up if I can work out how to add a picture from a file to a reply......

Ahhh...there you go!

post-6415-0-55202400-1354192347_thumb.jp

Nice one. C9.25?

Thanks

Celestron 9.25 Mak. Very popular with planetary imagers, but I couldn't find one at the right price at the time. They don't seem to come up very often on the2nd hand market which is testiment to how popular they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Celestron 9.25 Mak. Very popular with planetary imagers, but I couldn't find one at the right price at the time. They don't seem to come up very often on the2nd hand market which is testiment to how popular they are.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at mounts first, then tubes and finally motors for tracking etc.

Archived