NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cannon EOS 550D

cosmojaydee

Hello , some advice please , having just acquired a Cannon EOS 550D I am looking to attach the camera to my telescope I understand I need a "T" adapter and "T" ring, but I was thinking of purchasing a Coma corrector and a M48 ring adapter. Would I need both or would the later let me connect a DSLR to my telescope?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

I don't use a coma corrector, but I do recommend you get a barlow lense to attach to the end of your T-adapter. You'll need it or else you'll have a hard time focusing your images due to focuser travel limitations.

I don't use a coma corrector, but I do recommend you get a barlow lense to attach to the end of your T-adapter. You'll need it or else you'll have a hard time focusing your images due to focuser travel limitations.

Thanks for the reply , but doesn't answer my question :sad:

The 200PDS is supposed to have solved that problem, isn't it?

James

So a T adapter, Coma corrector and an M48 ring adapter , I am good to go?

Which coma corrector do you have? I believe the Baader MPCC has a T-thread on one end and a 2" barrel on the other so in theory you'd only need a T-adaptor for the camera to fit the coma corrector which then goes straight into the eyepiece.

James

This is my Coma corrector attached to the DSLR, it screws into the Cannon Adapter, the CC has a 2" sleeve the other end to fit in the Focus Tube......

That's the Baader CC though, isn't it? Which has the T-thread on the camera end, rather than the Skywatcher one that has an M48 thread on the camera end?

James

Archived