Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

15 Minute Planet Fest

Kai

I was up early this morning (4am) as i wanted to have a go at imaging M42 for the first time this year,but when i got outside :lol:.

There was a cresent Moon,Venus,Saturn and Mars all there looking back at me :D

Well i thought it would be rude not to have a few minutes having a look.As i was imaging with the ED 80 the scale was not going to be as good as my C8 but i popped in a 9mm Ortho and went to visit Saturn.

There it was :D sitting just under Venus hanging there with its rings nicely to see,no real detail but as it was a impromptue visit i couldnt complain.It still gives me that first time feeling every time i look,but i was a bit pushed for time so off i go to Venus.

I thought i would have to pop in a moon filter it was that bright , but showing a really nice cresent had a look for a couple of mins but i had other targets to look at.

The Moon is normally something that gets in the way for me but again i decided to have a cruise along the Terminator.Now i dont know the names of the craters/valleys but there was a nice contrast and loads of detail to be seen.I was really wishing i had the C8 out so i could look with alot more resoloution ,I spent around 5mins here but was consious that i had others things planned and the Sun was on its way up in a couple of hours.

Mars, well its nice and bright showing a good orange colour but tbh with the disc so small i was never going to get any detail so all i did was tick the box for tonight and moved onto my actual target.

But that is a differnt story on a different board....

I really hope that its the same tommorow as i will get the Sct out and crank up the magnification :D

UPDATE

Its now light so i have decided to let the scope track Venus this morning

Archived