Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help - bent altitude bolt on my brand new NEQ6 !!!! :(

kirkster501

I ended up modding the tongue that the bolt pushes against. I added an aluminium wedge to the tongue with a dimple for the bolt to locate into. Now the bolt pushes at 90 degrees to the surface of the wedge attached to the tongue, and won't slip out due to the dimple. Still using the original bolts without problems.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be lucky and mine not be bent after all....I hope!

Was moving my sons quad out of my shed and over to the garage so decided to take a peek at the mount. I tried screwing the 'south' bolt out and the plastic handle turned but not the bolt so I ploughed on unscrewing it and sure enough the ratchet handle just screwed off, there looks to virtually no residue of the thread lock on the threads and only a small bit in the cavity above where the last thread would have sat.

My guess is when I've been torquing up this bolt I've sheared off the thread lock and once I tried to unscrew the bolt there wasn't enough adhesion between bolt and handle. Going to try and get a couple of flat m10 nuts tomorrow so I can fit them onto the bolt, torque them against each other then unscrew the bolt. If it screws out without any issues I'll refit the stock bolt while I sort out a rework or replacement for the upgraded one

Archived