NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

antares twist lock adapter

replaced standard 2inch to 1.25 adapter that came with 250px truss tube dob with antares twist lock adapter low profile but now when i place eyepiece in adapter i cannot get it into focus when i move focuser in or out any advice would be grateful

cheers mate these extenders do they hold your eyepiece with grub screws if so whats point in having a antares adapter thats why i got one so it would centre eyepieces if i have to put a extender in im not going to get eyepieces centered so back to square one

cheers mate these extenders do they hold your eyepiece with grub screws if so whats point in having a antares adapter thats why i got one so it would centre eyepieces if i have to put a extender in im not going to get eyepieces centered so back to square one

Yeah, that's the main reason I've never bought one. I take the barlow element out from my Revelation 2" barlow and use the tube as an extension tube as it's got a 1 screw compression fitting; ditto with the included 1.25" adaptor.

I had the same issue, had to find an extender than when the adapter was added kept the original tube length,

I have the Revelation Astro version of the adaptor and have a similar problem. Do you remember where you got the extension? I had an extender with my 130P but is does not fit the 200P focuser unfortunately.

I use the Antares twist-lock on my 12" flextube without problem. It sits in the bit labelled "2 inch Eyepiece Adapter" that came with the scope. For quick eyepiece change it's more convenient than thumb screws - that's why I use it. It does nothing to improve the accuracy of a laser collimator.

I use the Antares twist-lock on my 12" flextube without problem. It sits in the bit labelled "2 inch Eyepiece Adapter" that came with the scope. For quick eyepiece change it's more convenient than thumb screws - that's why I use it. It does nothing to improve the accuracy of a laser collimator.

Unfortunately the 200P did not have an adapter (I bought it used so not sure if it did originally) and the one with the 130P does not fit as it is not a standard fitting for some reason. I liked using the twist-lock last night even though I couldn't see anything so I have an adapter arriving by courier tomorrow ready for a cloudy weekend!!

Archived