NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC869 & NGC884 Night Sky Jewels

MarPi

I remember the day - the first look through a telescope at the small group. It was a newton 90/900 and even in this small tube looked like a scattered jewels. I remember this intensive black paint smell coming from the inside of the tube - and the eyepiece view - priceless.

During each observation I back to this object, because I think that this is one of the objects, which looks better in the eyepieces than in every astroimages. So this is a huge challenge to at least partially capture what you can see in the eyepiece of the telescope.

Mount: Heq5

Telescope: Orion 80ED + FF/FR 0.8

Detector: Canon 350D mod

Guide: SW 80/400 + OSSAG

Exposure: 90 min(30x180s)

post-26689-0-60565400-1352455592_thumb.j

Full resolution here

All opinions are welcome

I think that this is one of the objects, which looks better in the eyepieces than in every astroimages.

You might just be right there... and of how many DSOs can we say that!? You've done a great job capturing it, though. Lovely star shapes & colour, very natural and pretty close to the views through a wide-angle eyepiece.

Archived