Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon Landing

I believe people doubt we ever landed on the moon - the "we" being humans. I dont think it's really questioned that "things" have landed on the moon, such as those mirrors, or robotic craft.

But there have been pretty prominent scientists who are adamant that it would be lethal for a human to go to the moon, due to radiation.

It's easy to laugh at these theories, but I recall reading about it in Fortean Times and it was very, very interesting. I wouldn't say anything about it to Buzz Aldrin's face though, might get a punching! :D

http://www.csicop.org/articles/20021018-aldrin/

Incidentally, even that punching story was questioned as some sort of conspiracy story!

http://www.therockalltimes.co.uk:30001/2002/09/23/buzz-aldrin.pub.html

As for leaving a bigger flag there next time - what's the betting it will be a giant M, for MacDonalds, or similar? :?

BTW That second link is not serious. :lol:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe people doubt we ever landed on the moon - the "we" being humans. I dont think it's really questioned that "things" have landed on the moon, such as those mirrors, or robotic craft.

But there have been pretty prominent scientists who are adamant that it would be lethal for a human to go to the moon, due to radiation.

Name one, and by what measure is he 'prominent,' and in what field? Typically, the pronouncements I have heard have been attributed to medical doctors and other scientists who cannot claim to know a lot about space science.

If our Apollo program was faked, the Russians would have been MORE than happy to let the world know about it... the conspiracy theorists always forget about that part. :lol:

Btw, you can see one piece of equipment that was left on the Moon, and you don't even need a telescope to do it. :D Apollo 12's Pete Conrad executed such a pinpoint landing, that he and Alan Bean were able to walk over to the Surveyor 3 craft and retrieve the camera from it.

Iirc it's in the Smithsonian.

Oh, one more thing. You know the website that claims our astronauts saw aliens on the Moon? Anyone can open a website. :D If you want the truth, seek out the autobiographies of the astronauts. :D

I think my favourite moon hoax theory is "why are no stars visible in any of the photos". I remember a few years back talking to a man in black :glasses5: who told me his boss,Howard Hughes,was livid that something as simple as stars should have been overlooked when they managed to ditch the saturn5 in the south polar region without detection.

Also in his position as executive director of Universal Studios, Martin Luther King :glasses4: had been involved in the advanced planing the moon landing hoax until his conscience got the better of him and with only a year until Apollo11 was due to take off he was going to spill the beans at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis to Elvis who was working under cover for the FBI and under instruction from J Edgar Hoover to use whatever means necessary to "keep the secret,secret" which apparently he did by using John Lennon as his assassin.All was quiet until guilt got the better of Lennon who was going to spill the beans at secret location in New York when he too was killed by Mark Chapman.

Chapman was actually born Znta Khaaab Nnng to a mixed race family in Roswell 1955,he was constantly bullied at school because of his greenish complexion and never ending desire to "phone home".

Conspiracies,people just dont have a clue :lol: :withstupid: :D

Name one, and by what measure is he 'prominent,' and in what field? Typically, the pronouncements I have heard have been attributed to medical doctors and other scientists who cannot claim to know a lot about space science.

I don't take a big interest in these theories, other than when they appear in Fortean Times or whatever, so I'm not enough of an expert to name scientists. However, I found this:

"John Mauldin, a physicist who works for NASA, once said shielding at least two meters thick would be needed. Yet the walls of the Lunar Landers which took astronauts from the spaceship to the moons surface were, said NASA, about the thickness of heavy duty aluminum foil."

I don't believe this conspiracy theory, I'm sure people, who have big mouths as we all know, would have spoken out about it long ago.

However, if you read these things, I think there are points that are strange and interesting.

Suggesting people who research these are "stupid" or something is much more stupid than recognizing that everything isn't always black and white.

Sure, we WERE on the moon. But that doesn't mean everything the conspiracy theorists say is b*ll*cks.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm Someone called Kyle Connoly does a nice job of explaining some of this stuff half way down the page. I find it really interesting stuff.

Again, I'll say I don't take any great interest in these conspiracy theories, nor do I believe most of them are very true. But they have points of interest and I certainly don't take everything "the establishment" tell me as factual.

I think my favourite moon hoax theory is "why are no stars visible in any of the photos". I remember a few years back talking to a man in black :glasses5: who told me his boss,Howard Hughes,was livid that something as simple as stars should have been overlooked when they managed to ditch the saturn5 in the south polar region without detection.

Also in his position as executive director of Universal Studios, Martin Luther King :glasses4: had been involved in the advanced planing the moon landing hoax until his conscience got the better of him and with only a year until Apollo11 was due to take off he was going to spill the beans at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis to Elvis who was working under cover for the FBI and under instruction from J Edgar Hoover to use whatever means necessary to "keep the secret,secret" which apparently he did by using John Lennon as his assassin.All was quiet until guilt got the better of Lennon who was going to spill the beans at secret location in New York when he too was killed by Mark Chapman.

Chapman was actually born Znta Khaaab Nnng to a mixed race family in Roswell 1955,he was constantly bullied at school because of his greenish complexion and never ending desire to "phone home".

Conspiracies,people just dont have a clue :D :withstupid: :lol:

:lol::D :D well done.

Conspiracies,people just dont have a clue :D :withstupid: :lol:

:lol::D :D well done.

Yes its only a conspiracy after all :nono:

I had a conversation like that with a friend of mine who was about to be appointed a peace ambassador to the United Nations, by the Prime Minister, and had already had a meeting with Abby Hoffman (who faked his death, you know) Steve Jobs and Al Pacino, and that Steve Jobs had come up with something that would make the Internet obsolete, as it could be wired directly into our brains. I'd have stayed to hear more, but it was suppertime, and the ward nurse said I had to leave...

If it was up to me, the mere mention of "Moon Hoax" would get you banned from any forum, and the thread deleted.

It was the single most significant event in human history, landing 12 men on the Moon and retuning them safely to the Earth. To fake it would be impossible. "Three may keep a secret if 2 are DEAD". "Evidence" in support of a hoax consistently demonstrates ignorance of physics, photography, geology, orbital mechanics, the propogation of light, radio wave basics and a host of other known scientific facts and principals.

If it was up to me, this thread would already be gone. :D:lol: :offtheair:

If it was up to me, the mere mention of "Moon Hoax" would get you banned from any forum, and the thread deleted.

It was the single most significant event in human history, landing 12 men on the Moon and retuning them safely to the Earth. To fake it would be impossible. "Three may keep a secret if 2 are DEAD". "Evidence" in support of a hoax consistently demonstrates ignorance of physics, photography, geology, orbital mechanics, the propogation of light, radio wave basics and a host of other known scientific facts and principals.

If it was up to me, this thread would already be gone. :D:lol: :offtheair:

Fortunately its not up to you, and although i agree the moon hoax idea is garbage we do live in a democracy where people can discuss whatever they want as long as it is not against the forum rules,so your stuck with it,and in case you havn't noticed or read there has been some humour posted on the subject.

The idea of banning someone from a forum at even the mention of Moon Hoax is somewhat dictorial is it not,you are after all a MODERATOR,not a dictator, and with that sort of attitude towards a subject you disagree with makes me wonder if you should be banned as a moderator. :violent1:

The single most significant event in human history ? :D I think a world war(I or II) was a slightly more significant event,especially to those who had loved ones die,or indeed gave their own lives.

With my moderators (hard !) hat on:

OK folks you have expressed your opinions on this which is fine but please keep off the personal slagging off - it does not add to the strength of your point of view at all - if anything it diminishes it.

As long as it's not politics, religion or obscene I don't care what opinons are expressed - just don't snipe at each other when you don't agree - it lowers the tone of the discussion :lol:

Thanks,

John

I'm getting a strong feeling of deja vu here. Haven't we 'done' this before? :lol:

Opinions are like backsides,everyone should have one but you don't have to like what comes out. :D

Can't we agree to differ? :D

I know I have said this in a very similar thread but in MHO the greatest moment in history was when some guy/gal suddenly dreamt up writing. So there! :D

CW

Wow, pretty harsh, Saturn5. Having actively argued and debunked every single item in the hoaxer's list of "anomolies" on this and other forums, I find it hard to believe anyone would go for the nonsense as presented. Any small amount of research shows the "evidence" they present as whimsy, demonstrating a severe lack of knowledge on many scientific facts and principals. I'll not be discussing this any more, unless personally attacked again.

As I said, It's not up to me, but you know where I stand if it were.

Moderator Mode "ON":

On that note I'm going to lock this particular thread - I think we have dealt with the original query and are now moving into terratory which has been covered a number of times in other threads.

John

Archived