A quick question for a Sunday afternoon....

You might want to look at this site on how to pronounce astronomical objects. Having said that, there are many such sites which end up contradict each other leaving me with the conclusion that you can pronounce them anyway that you want. :smiley:

Clear skies

James

I always wonder how to pronounce Kuiper?

Well! My team - Brighton & Hove Albion - had a goalkeeper for many years called Michel Kuipers.... so I would pronounce it 'Kyper' based on the way you say his name. SEEEEAGULLS!

P.S. Thank you to everyone who replied - so I guess I'll stick with 'Booties' then!!

A bit like that episode of the Simpsons where they hold a Spingfield film festival and Monty's effort gets boo'd (the one directed by Señor Spielbergo, the non-union Mexican equivalent). Smithers claims the crowd were crying "Boo-urns! Boo-urns!"

A bit like that episode of the Simpsons where they hold a Spingfield film festival and Monty's effort gets boo'd (the one directed by Señor Spielbergo, the non-union Mexican equivalent). Smithers claims the crowd were crying "Boo-urns! Boo-urns!"

"I was saying Boo-urns!"

Archived