Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What Christmas present should I ask for?

Hi all,

It's that time of year again where the family ask "What do you want for Christmas?" and I say "Money to buy astronomy stuffs!" This year they want to buy me the equipment and wrap it up for me.

I want some new and expensive eyepieces, so here is my question to all.

In your opinion/experience what eyepiece would you recommend or avoid?

Budget:- £70-£200

My scope:- 10" Dobsonian with a GOTO mount

I have no preference with what I am looking at so you can recommend EPs for The Moon, Planets, Nebulea, Star clusters the lot.

Cheers for reading,

Neil

A spell-checker :-)

I'd say filters or more of the Great BST explorers. I don't think it's worth spending a lot on planetary viewing as Jupiter will soon go the way of Saturn and we won't have good views in a while.

Looking at your signature I would get the other 4 BST's.

That way you have 5mm, 6mm, 8mm for just about any condition where you want highish magnification, the remainder are available for all other requirements.

I do however like sets of eyepieces.

Topic title has been amended.

Would a 5mm and a 6mm both be required? They are so similar that I cannot imagine any benefit from having both. One will probably get better reviews that the other, so I'd get the best one and leave the other.

ant

Archived