Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New 102mm f7 ED scope from Orion.

That looks nice !. The specs are very similar to my Vixen ED102SS which is 102mm / F6.5 / ED glass (Vixen don't specify which type). A few years ago Orion were selling a a re-badged version of the Vixen for around $1,200 for the OTA so this looks a good deal. I wonder if they will carry this in parallel to their ED100 (which is a Synta) and pretty much the same price ? - possibly the ED100 will be dropped.

John

A dealer in Sydney has recently started stocking scopes made by Long Perng (I think they're behind William Optics and others). They have a 72mm APO in at the moment (which looks great but I haven't tested it) but this month they are supposed to get a new 100mm f/6 APO. Price isn't confirmed yet but should be approximately in line with the new Orion. Good to see that the Chinese are prepared to make 100mm APOs in sensible focal lengths.

Morton

A dealer in Sydney has recently started stocking scopes made by Long Perng (I think they're behind William Optics and others). They have a 72mm APO in at the moment (which looks great but I haven't tested it) but this month they are supposed to get a new 100mm f/6 APO. Price isn't confirmed yet but should be approximately in line with the new Orion. Good to see that the Chinese are prepared to make 100mm APOs in sensible focal lengths.

Morton

It will really stir the market up if the Chinese start selling direct in competition with the branded versions of their products (eg: William Optics etc). If you are not bothered about having a "label" on the scope there could be some real bargains to be had :lol:

John

Archived