Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It's only been 72 hours...this is ridiculous!

legion48

72 hours of cloud cover and already the urge to buy more astro kit has become irresistible. Yesterday I bought a Logitech Fusion webcam. Why? I don't really know. I already have a perfectly good Toucam. :? Now I suddenly find my life feels incomplete without a flip mirror, a focal reducer that works, a zoom eyepiece, an electric focusser and a #25 Wratten filter.

Please, I beg you, help me to fight these crazy, cloud driven urges. :lol:

Is it me or has the cloud cover in the UK been ridiculously ridiculous?

The only half decent night this week (or last week?!) I was at a party

:lol:

Do we reckon that the UK winter viewing might be a tad better than the frankly rubbish summer?

Do we reckon that the UK winter viewing might be a tad better than the frankly rubbish summer?

I hate to tell you, the long range winter forecast is even worse :lol:, lots of cloud, rain, and freezing temps.

I may as well sell up and wait for summer at this rate.

I hate to tell you, the long range winter forecast is even worse :lol:, lots of cloud, rain, and freezing temps.

I may as well sell up and wait for summer at this rate.

Great! Now I've got to fight the urge to keep checking the for sale forum. :D Damn this weather!

L48, it would appear that this year has been a nightmare for bods like us. No sky = nervous wallets :D. Since I've been back from Kelling, I have had one very quick look at the Moon and it would appear that there's no time before Kielder :D. I've made some frankly 'odd' kit choices over the last few months, but I've seen some some on here that made mine looks disticntly amateurish :shock:.

To quote Kraftwerk: "Discipline is a bad word for a good thing". And that's the truth, Ruth.

Tony..

PS, If you want to get rid of that webcam cheap, let me know! :lol:

10 days under an orange Spainish sky means my mind is wandering towards thoughts of William Optics 0.8 MkII Field Flattener (essential) + 2" 2x Televue Barlow (pricey!)... and i`m still looking at stuff...

When I feel the urge to spend money on astro gear to try and take my mind off it I try to plan my observing sessions. This does reduce the impulse purchases but it does clarify what gear I do need to buy to achieve my observing goals. :lol:

Archived