Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telrad

It would fit OK - I've seen them used on smaller scopes than yours. If you wan't something that takes up less room on the tube try the Rigel Quikfinder. It projects 2 reticule rings rather than the Telrad's 3 but is a good finder and has a much smaller "footprint" on the scope:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/finders/rigel-quikfinder-compact-reflex-sight.html

its not that heavy - I think you'd be ok. The only issue might be that the telrad base will prevent you from being able to slide the tube rings up much further (in the pic above, you cant see it, but there is about 1cm clearance between the top tube ring and the base of the telrad) to balance the scope if you ever decide to buy any of the heavier eyepieces.

While I use several Telrads... I would HIGHLY recommend instead going with a Rigel Quickfinder... it weighs a tiny fraction of what a Telrad does... and has a much smaller foot print. Aside from it's dimensions... the operation is virtually identical.

quickfinder.jpg

Archived