Greetings from Lincs

Neil_F

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've managed to fire up the TAL tonight, and as usual it pulled Jupiter right into my back garden! I have to say, the more I use the TAL the more I like it. I'm just waiting for some new Plossl's to arrive from Germany to add to my collection. I've been having a chat to my mate and he has invited me over to have a go with his Skywatcher 250 dobbie, but I've got to take my TAL so he can try it out for himself. Mini star party methinks!

ATB

Neil.

I've just come in from the workshop, as I've had to do a teeny modification to the TAL's pier. While using the scope I noticed that the collar the GEM screws onto had a tiny bit of movement in it, so every time I touched the focuser it wobbled. What I did was I drilled 3 holes around the collar at 120 degree intervals, then rivetted it with 3x 1/8" rivets. I've just had a quick test run and my fix seems to have cured to problem. Yay, go me!

Archived