NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Any cheap canon 450D AC adapter you would recommend?

pixueto

Does anyone use a cheap Canon 450D AC power adapter? If that's the case could you recommend one? I am reluctant to pay £60 for an original canon adapter or those sold in astronomiser but if there is no choice...

What about cheap batteries? the price varies from cheap £6 to £40 with the original canon ones.

Thanks a lot for your help

You might get lucky with cheap batteries, most are fakes, especially from ebay, and are without any thermal protection and could fail during charging. By fail I mean explode or catch fire. Personally I wouldn't let them get within a hundred miles of my camera bodies. The Astronomiser battery eliminators work and work very well and run from a 12v supply. Imho it is false economy to mess about with cheap options regardless of other opinions

There are branded 3rd party batteries for Canon cameras. For example, I use Energizer branded ones which I hope would be a step up from totally no-name samples. But the branding does come at a price, while still much cheaper than Canon, they're not as cheap as unbranded. I also use unbranded on the cheaper cameras and haven't had any issue with them so far. No complaints on life either.

No experience of power adapters though...

I had a cheap ac adaptor explode the first time i fired off the shutter..tripping the whole houses electricity supply in the process.fortunately the camera was ok...

I have opened up all sorts of the cheapest ebay batteries and they often contain small cells with the space being packed out with pieces of corrugated cardoard boxes...

Peter...

I would bite the bullet and get the Canon adaptor , you won't regret it , you'll spend more in the long run if you go with cheap batteries or if a cheap unbranded power supply kills your camera . . . !

I had the same dilemma a year ago and got the Canon , haven't had to worry since . .

Steve.

even if you buy the same as one that is known to work there is a strong probability that you will be sent some thing that looks the same but has different internals and most likely a different circuit. Cheap fakes have no quality control, that's why they are cheap

You might get lucky with cheap batteries, most are fakes, especially from ebay, and are without any thermal protection and could fail during charging. By fail I mean explode or catch fire. Personally I wouldn't let them get within a hundred miles of my camera bodies. The Astronomiser battery eliminators work and work very well and run from a 12v supply. Imho it is false economy to mess about with cheap options regardless of other opinions

Have you got a link for the 12v Astronomiser battery eliminators please Kev as that's what I want for my current set up so I can eliminate trailing 240V extension lead across a dew ridden lawn.

Have you got a link for the 12v Astronomiser battery eliminators please Kev as that's what I want for my current set up so I can eliminate trailing 240V extension lead across a dew ridden lawn.

If it's for your 1000D then this is the one http://www.astronomiser.co.uk/canonpower.htm#ast450ddc . They also do a Pro version which houses the regulator nd components in a small diecast box outside of the camera to minimise the heating effect inside the camera

Archived