NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cygnus from Kielder Autumn Starcamp 2012

North America & Gamma Cygni Region of Milkyway through the constellation Cygnus.

The Dumbell Nebula M27 can be seen lower right as a blue ball across the constellation border into Vulpecula.

Canon 60Da with 70mm lens @ f 7

1 x 600sec @ iso800

No Flat Frames

No Dark Frames

(Quick & Dirty)

Gradient Xterminator & PS CS5 Extended

8127146831_18181ebf7a_o.jpg

Cygnus from Kielder Autumn Starcamp 2012 by mikeyscope, on Flickr

You've got some lovely single sub images Mike. Very reminiscent of your film work, only quicker. Having said that I watched you set these up and you take great care ( Read loads of time ) setting up each exposure :)

Do you find you can't open up any more than f7 ? Seems so slow. How are the stars at f5.6 ?

Dave.

Do you find you can't open up any more than f7 ? Seems so slow. How are the stars at f5.6 ?

Dave.

Dave

I always shot at f8 using film so f7 offered a similar reference point for me as a comparison...f8 would offer little advantage over f7.

As I now know the maximum sub time for the 60Da under similar conditions & settings I will now shoot at f5.6 for optimum sub time with hopefully less noise...the stars look ok at f5.6.

Mike

Agnes

Thank you.

Dave

Will try to push as far as possible with an ʹoff the shelf` 60Da but the sky conditions will always be the biggest factor in the results as we all know but do enjoy a challenge!

Just need some flats, darks & a few more coats of astro-paint! ;¬)

Mike

Archived