NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Recommendation

BEYOND EARTH

At that level you are getting top quality. I agree with Keith, Televue Delos (20mm E/R)are excellent I have the 6mm and 10mm, the Radians (20mmE/R) are very good and cheaper but maybe on their way out, not that, that stops them being a top eyepiece at the shorter focal lengths ( 3mm-18mm). Pentax as Keith also said are excellent though I only have the one.

Alan.

I have been using a TV Radian for a while and it is a good EP with excellent eye relief. Both the Delos and particularly the Pentax XW are excellent EP's with very good eye relief. Of all of them the XW's used to be famed for their eye relief it was so good next to it's rivals but that was before the Delos range were launched. :grin:

The Pentax XW's are fantastic multi-purpose eyepieces in my opinion. They deliver high power views with similar quality to orthoscopics and have great light transmission for deep sky objects.

The new Tele Vue Delos eyepieces are reputed to be very similar to the Pentax XW's.

Pentax XW EP's can be had in short focal lengths - 3.5mm 5mm 7mm and 10mm all perfect for planetary. The 10mm would be very useful for DSO's too as would the Pentax 14mm XW and the 20mm is thought to be excellent. They have a fairly comprehensive range.

Archived