Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader Steeltrack Adjustment Screws?

Can anyone confirm what these screws do on a Baader 3" Steeltrack focusser. The photo is the underneth of the focusser, A and B are directly under the drawtube. The screws on the other side are obscured by a focus motor. I think:

A- Tension

B- Locking

C - ?

D - Holds bearing for focus knob?

Adjscrews.jpg

• 2 years later...

Sorry, never got a reply. I sold the scope with the focuser, so I don't have it now to check. I actually mounted a Baader Steeldrive motor on mine. It attached with screws that clamped into the grooves above and below screw D in the photo. I suspect that the screws are as I labelled, with C being the screws that hold the plate against the focuser drawtube.

Ok thanks for that

I have also been told that those screws marked as C in your image, are blanks and are just filling a hole, so can be used to mount an auto focuser assembly, so conflicting advice, I see I am going to have to be careful when removing them if what you say is correct.

Thanks for the reply appreciate it.

Regards

AB

Ok thanks for that

I have also been told that those screws marked as C in your image, are blanks and are just filling a hole, so can be used to mount an auto focuser assembly, so conflicting advice, I see I am going to have to be careful when removing them if what you say is correct.

Thanks for the reply appreciate it.

Regards

AB

See this thread at AstronomyShed

Archived